Tuesday 22 December 2015

Add a Little FLARE to Your Christmas Day Party



FLARES


As homage to my love of all things seventies. (A tad obsessed) Today I'm sharing how I style Retro Flares. Do you fancy adding a little dab of flared funk to your Christmas celebration this year? If so read on sista or brotha (I'm a berk) and grab a glass of  festive fizz!




Flares are an all time favourite of mine. The extreme wide bell shaped leg instantly create a visual statement and mood. Typically worn in the 1970's with a strong chelsea boot or high heel inbetween the hippy era by a particular type of woman. 



I've teamed my flares with my big collar puffy sleeved 'colour of the season' Red shirt.




I've also added a double knit red vintage jumper to add a bit of layering and warmth to this look. 
The bag is navy and quite structured in design. I like how the gold chain add's a bit of glam and sparkle too. 


The flares are wool navy, each button keeps the trousers really fitted and slim line around the waist. 


I've spoken before how I like the roughness and masculinity of this coat. I call it my Del Boy coat! (Please tell me you grew up watching Del and Rodney Only Fools and Horses) It just never fail's at making me feel pretty fabulous.

Coat: ROKIT, Similar , Shirt: MINT VINTAGE, Similar, Flares: ROKITSimilar, Boots: TOPSHOP, HERE Bag: MERO RETRO, Similar, Hat: ROKITSimilar


Photo: Jason Davis 
Highly recommending him and he's sharp creative eye.
Many thanks for reading. 
Remember to let me know what you think of this look. 
How do you rock flares?

My Look
My Style 
Flora Maria
XX
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love the 70s look and music, I love the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s and of course grew up watching only fools and horses and still do on channel gold!. I like that you love and have an appreciation for all things vintage. Very well styled. p.s. loving the Del Boy coat "cushty"

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig