Sunday 1 September 2019

TIME TO TAKE A SOCIAL MEDIA BREAK



Cutting straight in - I’ve been finding myself feeling really reluctant to go on Instagram of late. As if being on there was something really bad and naughty to do, or just that I 100% shouldn't be on it......Like I was about to swallow a really bad pill or something. But still found myself on the app with no control over it. When out I’d be on it, sat talking to my partner or friends I’d be on it, every morning and before I go to bed - I'd be on it, during writing these blogs I’d be clicking to and fro from it. Flip, I was even taking my phone to the toilet to check and refresh my feed on it. Yes the friggin toilet! For years my boyfriend had been telling me that I'm always on instagram or that I’m always on my phone, and I think I just became so oblivious to the recurring instant app habit. I also think since Love Island finished I’ve been on it even more. I loved the show this year so I've constantly found myself looking at the fabulous instagram feeds of Amber, Lucie, Anna, India, Yewande, Maura, Molly-Mae, Belle, Jourdan and Joanna via their stories. Looking at their style and exciting places they were at. I mean I think the girl casting was really badass and soooo good this year, and really showed such strong, intelligent beautiful women (especially with that Michael situation and Belle not having Anton kissing other women lol). But it's honestly left me feeling a bit mentally insta crazy keeping up with it all! And don't get me started on my infatuation with comedian Rickey Thompson, because I've literally cried laughed watching all of Rickey's insta videos and stories. But something just hasn't been feeling right……


I used to love the app and strongly rooted for it over Face Bk, and I’ve never ever had this kind of offish relationship with instagram before. And I could definitely describe my usage previously to being quite happy and healthy. Now I’m too scared to look at how many hours I've actually spent on it!
The point of this post is to ask -  Have you ever felt like this with social media or the instagram app? Does this feeling last? Is this feeling normal? Why am I going on it so much without even realising I’m on it?....And am I now realising that I'm addicted? 


I think in a recent discussion with a friend saying to me 'I don't know if you're at the carnival because I haven't seen it on your instagram stories'....Really freaked me out. Had I been ignorantly living my life out too much via the stories on there. I mean why didn't that friend just call or text me and ask if I was at the carnival?? And don’t get me wrong I initially enjoyed the app primarily for the innovative fashion and like minded creative accounts. Plus I’ve been bless'd with the lovely people I’ve met through instagram, including abroad and here in the UK. But why has my relationship with it recently drastically changed and what am I actually gaining from it? I know influencers make a living from it with sponsor brand deals on certain posts, people run businesses through it, and the American actor Hunter Schafer reportedly cast by it, for the new HBO TV Series Euphoria (which you need to watch btw). When the TV producers put a casting call out for her role on instagram. And I do believe the majority of my blog readers stem purely from Instagram.

It’s just so instant, so live and just a powerful 2019 tool that I'm really starting to see in another light......Which is weirding me out, so I think it’s time to take a little insta break (first since I downloaded the app in 2015 baby). But not just do a phone detox but a direct instagram detox....Time to step back, cut off and delete the app.....For a mini break of a few weeks or so, and see how I go. I’ll still be writing these blogs......So I’ll keep you posted and let you know how I'm feeling. Last Question Do you think we are living in the era where it is now the norm for us to become addicted to social media? Have you ever deleted an app? Ps. Wish me luck!

Bag | Oliver Bonas
Camera | Olympus Pen
Earring | Omolola Jewellery | Quote 'Flora Maria Style' to gain 10% off your purchase.

*Jewellery has been kindly gifted from an amazing independant London brand. x
SHARE:

32 comments

  1. I do not think that your statement is correct! Killing our souls? Why? What happened to your Instagram account in such a case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and please excuse the late reply (my blog break was a little longer than I intended). I appreciate your feedback. I know social media has so many positives, and of course it's individual for each person. For me that is how I was beginning to feel. X

      Delete
  2. I like the photos so much. Especially, I like the photo filter which was chosen. The photographer definitely did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment and feedback. These were actually quickly taken by a friend on an Olympus Pen camera. The filter is on VSCO. xx

      Delete
  3. I would really like to see more of your photos, they are magnificent. So I hope you won`t leave Instagram without attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhhh thank you, honestly I love hearing feedback. I did leave insta for wee while but back now. Are we following each other on there? x

      Delete
  4. Sure, you can hide behind a keyword and monitor for a while, but clients will usually want to meet, speak on the phone, or have Skype sessions at some point. tiktok

    ReplyDelete
  5. Presence on social media is gaining importance as more and more small businesses are realizing the benefits they can gain from it. They are increasingly using platforms such as Google+, Facebook, and Twitter, to mark their presence in social media. Those who are not yet used to the effect internet has had on marketing, are daunted by the technology of social media marketing. Free TikTok Likes

    ReplyDelete
  6. 97% of all customers look for neighborhood organizations on the web
    Twitter Video Download

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sensational blog! This blog is too much amazing in all aspects. Especially, it looks awesome and the content available on it is utmost qualitative. Mark Lutchman

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get Your Social Account's Followers, Likes And Promotions at One Place Instantly 100% Safe Our service help you build your business, get your social media content around the world and become famous. It offers you all the services you will need for Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other Services. twitter followers

    ReplyDelete
  9. With the popularity of the TikTok, more and more people have decided to move on it to try to conquer new users and earn with TikTok. TikTok followers from InstaDean.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. acheter des abonnés

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perhaps the most concerning issue business face with social organizations and SMM is recognition. As per the IBM Institute for Business Value concentrate there were "critical holes between what organizations think buyers care about and what buyers state they need from their social media communications with organizations." related site

    ReplyDelete
  12. Comedy is one of the oldest genres in films with the first silent movie being a comedy. It emphasizes the performance of individuals, with a number of stand-up comedians turning to films due to their popularity. The witty dialogues of the comedy is more important than the story. Best tiktok guide 2020

    ReplyDelete
  13. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. new rap albums 2020

    ReplyDelete
  14. Instagram stories allow businesses to interact with their customers and prospects by making a series of images in order to tell a story. Each story you create should enhance your brand and make your value proposition clear. grow YouTube views

    ReplyDelete
  15. Additionally, to get up to speed to the remainder of the world, what is the best path for Lebanese TR organizations to send a SMM crusade? Thus, it was the examination's motivation to discover reasons connected to such low venture and utilization of SMM by Lebanese TR organizations and to help manage these organizations in viably utilizing SMM. fire department email list

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bubble" of circa 1995 you will see that thousands of investors invested and lent to new fangled internet companies that promised to make them millions of dollars in easy profits. PR agency tools

    ReplyDelete
  17. They present significant and common changes to dispatch between exchanges, foundations, social orders, and personalities.It has adjusted the correspondence between the people and huge foundations. Analysts study these progressions and new Technologies are being presented because of these changes. SMM Panel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Signup with Facebook: This is the most easiest and quickest way to set up your Instagram account. It will automatically allow you to follow your friends that are already on Instagram and in turn they will follow you too. grow Instagram followers

    ReplyDelete
  19. It will be simpler for you to construct brand acknowledgment with a greater fan base. Since Instagram effectively connections to your Facebook and Twitter accounts, it assists those informal organizations with developing you too. have a peek at these guys

    ReplyDelete
  20. Employees who reveal confidential or proprietary information in a blog entry that can be viewed by millions of readers; your input here

    ReplyDelete
  21. The best thing that always happened to social media marketing was the hacking of the 2016 US appointment of Donal Trump by the Russians. Why? Since it revealed what numerous in social media marketing has known for a long, long time: Get More Info

    ReplyDelete
  22. As with all relationships, you get back what you put in. If you really want to engage peoples' interest you need to catch their attention with interesting updates and links. Start conversations and respond to other peoples' comments. الابراج

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. stephen twomey

    ReplyDelete
  24. Instagram has over 800 million active monthly users and its popularity continues to rocket as the cameras in smart phones become better at taking high-quality pics and videos. see here

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shop Cheap Human Hair Wigs, Cheap Lace Front Wigs, Human Hair Weave, Lace Closure Frontal With Affordable Price From Senior Virgin Hair! Best Brazilian Hair For Sale! Professional Hair Vendor, Professional Service & Low Wholesale Price.Bundles With Closure

    ReplyDelete
  26. Social media is certainly hot right now. But is the hype justified? To me, only one social media strategy really makes sense - it's a simple one and I'm going to tell you in this article what it is. TikTok

    ReplyDelete
  27. Machos Gracias for your post. Really looking forward to read more. Really Cool.
    how to post photo on instagram from pc

    ReplyDelete
  28. Seeing what social media means for website streamlining will eventually further develop crusade execution. In 2012, there was a normal of 5,134,000,000 quests on Google consistently. túlméretes szállítás Europa-Road Kft.

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig