Sunday 22 July 2018

BEST BEAUTY PRODUCTS FROM AMERICA



What are you like when it comes to trying new beauty products? I must admit that I am really someone who doesn't like to budge. i always stick to the same old products that I know and love. You can honestly see me wear the same beauty products for donkeys. Which of course has some pros and cons. One of the cons being when the beloved product is eventually discontinued, I lose my shi* over what new product to replace it with (true stories and always happens with mac products who are great at launching new products but ditching my old ones!). So knowing that Sephora is the best place to buy beauty in the USA, after having spent weeks there recently. And trying to steer away from the norm, here are five new beauty products that I have now grown to love. 

1. Fenty Freestyle Highlighter duo in ginger binge and moscow mule. A product that I wouldn't of even looked at if the assistant in store didn't mention it. Honestly the shimmering and glow you get off one simple brush stroke of this product is scintillating. Also if you like the natural look like moi, this product is perfect for creating just a touch of boost, shine and highlight to your beautiful cheek bones. Perfect for summer and checking face sweat (London has a heatwave) as it comes with a fancy compact mirror to throw in your every day bag too. I just love that minimalistic packaging.
2. Pat McGrath Permagel Ultra Lip Pencil in ground control. If you love the 90's Naomi Campbell thick lip liner effect look...then this is the every day dramatic lip liner product for you. Firstly it really doesn't budge and lasts all day including after meals. The range has a whole host of cool named shades and I just love the fact that Pat is an internationally editorial/runway make up artist, who has quite clearly curated a brand that she knows works on all faces and skin tones. 
3. Fenty Beauty Match Stix in suede. This is the one product I debated over in Sephora. I wasn't sure if I actually needed it, and I walked up and down the store looking in all different mirrors to see if the shade and consistency on my skin was right in the light (ask my friends i went a little crazy). Because I personally prefer make up that is purely going to accentuate my true skin tone and do stay away from the caked on look (doesn't feel comfortable on me but looks great on others). The product itself is really easy to use even though the shape is quite angular and again a little dab definitely goes a long way. I've now started to use this product a lot more than I thought I really would, as it really can help brighten up the under eye area. I would advise if you're quite fussy like me when it comes to concealers do try in store if you can, to have a real colour tester. 

4. Glossier Boy Brow in black. Prior to going in store I had heard about this particular product everywhere within the blogging world, so once in store I had to give the brows a little whizz. And it did instantly comb and colour in my brows in a nice natural looking way. You can build as you go and the packaging is perfect to just throw in your bag, but you probably won't need to re-apply as the gel within the product does set and last quite well. The only negative thing I would say about this brand is - I wish Glossier would do a darker brown eyebrow shade as the black is just a touch too dark and the brown shade is too light on my face. A few in between shades within their entire beauty collection would go along way for all skin types. I do however love the glossier concept as I'm now regretting not purchasing the priming moisturising lotion that really does make your skin summer glow. 
5. YSL Mascara Vinyl Couture in black. Now, I know you can nab this particular product quite easily in the UK. But I do specifically remember asking the assistant in Sephora (New York) to help suggest a real dept in colour black mascara. Not grey or an wishy washy off black.....but jet black black.  And once tried on via a tester in store I loved this product (as it was definitely black black! lols). The brush is long so able to really push out to lengthen your own individual natural lashes. I just love how the finish is perfect for making your eyes look more defined and fiercely striking. 

As you notice some of the beauty packaging is wearing because I now use all of these products quite a lot! You can also see that I'm still a bit rough around the edges when it comes to writing about beauty rather than fashion. But I've been meaning to share a mini USA haul with you for a while (and moaned about it a lot on Instagram). I just hope you've enjoyed reading an honest review on all the lush products I manage to nab in America. Ooooh also Cult Beauty (worldwide shipping) is another great place to online shop for a bunch of fabulous beauty bits .X.



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oh my goodness! an amazing post dude. Appreciate it Even so We are experiencing issue with ur rss . Do not know why Unable to enroll in it. Is there everyone getting identical rss issue? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx Facial Steamer Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig