Thursday 11 August 2016

THE SLIP DRESS


am so happy that I've finally been able to shoot in one my favourite part of East London, rich in culture and art SHOREDITCH CITYAaaaaaargggh! I've written previously on my instagram page that I felt a need to change up by backdrops and I'm so happy with the outcome at the moment and I hope you are too. Ooo I'm still planning to do a 'Go to Guide on Shoreditch' at some point in the future for anyone wishing to visit this quirky part of inner London. I promise to include all my small hidden gems too (I've been visiting shoreditch from before I moved to London at around 17, so it maybe a wordy one!)..
PRICELET STREET, SHOREDITCH
But back to this post, aswell as having the dramatic urge to shoot in Shoreditch. I've also been dying to style up the nude look 'slip dress' for a while, I've seen the Pyjamas by day and negligee dress trend a lot this summer so here I go......


I began loving the 'silk trend' from seeing it all over the catwalks of the likes of Burberry and Calvin Klein SS16 collection. I also distinctly remember Kendall Jenner rocking the look with a nineties t-shirt underneath her slip and Rihanna looking super fierce wearing hers with a navy basketball cap. The images really struck out at me so I was delighted to find this silk soft number whilst randomly browsing the Missguided site. 



To be honest I very rarely do full on 'sexy' (sound rather rude) or reveal too much skin. I mean I used to when I was younger but I wouldn't really categorised my style as sexy. I've actually self titled by style as 'granny chic', yet I still like to feel subtlety sexy every now and then. And I think this dress does the trick. 
love the black lace intricate detailing on the dainty neckline and plunging back of this dress, and of course I was instantly drawn to my favourite burnt orange rustic colour! I could see that this shade was more similar to my natural complexion making the look very nude which is effectively what I was aiming for. Also when it arrived with free next day delivery it was actually the perfect colour (Horrray! Love when the garment actually looks like the advertised image). I initially had a midi length gown in mind but couldn't find any that I liked. So I just thought yes it's pretty short BUT the colour and shimmery loose fit of the dress will hopefully counter-out any over sexiness (Eeeek! I just tried to stay away from the 'come to bed look').

People close to me know that I'm pretty much a goof! So I kept the look quite understated by popping on my dirty (really dirty) brown boots, vintage playboy clutch ( I have to throw in a bit of vintage), my seventies obsessed round shades (that  you've probably seen a thousand times because I adore them!) and a trusty staple faux leather biker jacket, with gold effecting hardware. I love a strong juxtaposition by harden textures in accessories to help add edge against the feminity of the floaty silk. 

SLIP DRESS | HERE - BIKER JACKET | HERE - BOOTS | HERE - BAG | V|NTAGE - SUNGLASSES | BLITZ LONDON  | SIMILAR HERE - LIPSTICK - CHARLOTTE TILBURY - BIRKIN BROWN
The dress is a lovely addition to my summer wardrobe and I'm thinking of wearing this look for a date night or I could easily pop a black t-shirt on underneath and flat ankle boots/New balance trainers to run around Lannnndan town in for a day to night look. Oooooh you could even layer this dress up with a sharp blazer and heels or thick knit chunky cardigan/jumper and ballet pumps. Hmmmm I'm looking forward to experimenting a few different styles and working out which one I feel most comfortable and fabulous in! Who'd a thought 'The Slip Dress' was so versatile.........

What do you think of this hot summer trend?

MY LOOK
MY STYLE
FLORA MARIA
xx
Photography - Margarita Karenko

Ps. Slip is a size 10, biker jacket is a size 8. (to help with sizing)




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. So nice of you to comment and I'm so pleased you like the look. Margarita is a stunning photographer. X

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig