Sunday 31 July 2016

THE PRETTY FAVOURITES



Hello! A bit of a random post for you today but I thought I'd share a few of my current favourites and also throw in a few random questions........I hope you enjoy the read and don't forget to comment below answering the same random favourites as I would love to know yours! 

Oh also I've been working with a stunning photographer called Margarita who shot all the images on my latest blog posts. Please do look her up as she is a fabulous dream to work with. 

So my current favourite book is......
I'm currently reading a Konstantin Stanislavsky book called 'An Actor Prepares'. I was recommended this book as it's one of the most famous actor training books. I'm really enjoying the read so far as it's very inspiring and a bit like an actors go-to-guide. 

My current favourite film is.....
So hard for me to pick just one so my current top three films are - Calvary by John Michael McDonagh, beautifully filmed in Sligo and parts of Dublin, Ireland with a witty storyline starring Brendon Gleeson who I've met and nearly died! I worked with his son Domnhall years ago. John also made 'The Guard' which is another favourite of mine. Trainwreck which was so funny I watched it three times, so honest.  I finally watched Victoria last night, and Oh my goodness it's such a powerful film all shot in one single take, mainly improvised and so believably thrilling. (I can talk about films quite a lot and had to stop myself from writing more eeek! NEXT)

My (current) favourite pair of shoes are.........
A pair of nike sliders from Asos that are so lazy and comfortable to wear. And the black boots I'm rocking here from the lush Missguided. These boot staples are barely off my feet because they go with everything in my wardrobe and really light on my feet to run around Landaaaaan town in. (oops that's 2!)

Last person I text was.......
Checking my phone.The last person I text was a family group chat on WhatsApp. I've just done a sky dive (yesterday) and my aunty wants to do it lol. I'm still so rubbish on my phone with communication doh!

Last picture I took......
The last picture I took was of these gold hardware loafers from Office here. I looooove them!

Favourite quote EVER is......
I can never remember the proper wording for quotes but I love a simple one that my mum told me and it's one of her favourite songs by Prince Buster called 'Enjoy Yourself', you can listen here.

Least favourite word is......
Moist. Yuk! There are more but I've gone blank. TBC Lol!

Favourite word is.......
FABULOUS! Just adding favourite grammar punctuation use...
!!!!!!! I use exclamation marks all the time because I think I'm always shouting!
Favourite song I've been listening to is.....
Ahhh it has to be 'SHOW ME LOVE' by Hundred Waters (ft Chance, Mosey Sumney, Robin Hannibal). This song does weird things to me especially the opening, very moving and soulful. 

My current favourite perfume is....
Chance by Chanel (Eau Tendre). This is an ultimate scent for me as I had ran out last year and not restocked for a wee while so I'm glad it's back in my life as I love it. I also like that you can purchase the refill twist spray to carry abroad and throw in your bag too.

My current favourite Tv show.......
I could state the obvious and say 'Game of thrones' but I'd be lying as I'm so many series behind. I'm just rubbish with big long TV series and cliff hangers till the end episodes. I've heard it gets better and better. Think I'm on series 3 so I need to hurry and catch up! I recently watched a BBC ONE 5 part drama called Thirteen which had me gripped from the first episode and the final episode was amazing. You can catch it here

My favourite beauty product is.........
Red Ruby Woo by Mac. Now I haven't worn red lipstick in frigging ages, I'm not entailing sure why but recently it has became my everyday make up look. I think it's because I'm really into vibrant shades atm and a bit bored of my usual nude lip. So RED HOT is Back. I only wear matte lipsticks because I've never really liked shiny glosses on me (they look great on others) but if you find the Mac Ruby Woo a bit drying apply a smidgen of lip balm to your lips beforehand to eradicate potential dryness :-)

The last thing I ate was......
The last thing I stuffed my face with was a lush feta cheese tortilla salad bowl from Wahaca. So filling and refreshing, full of pumpkin seeds, spelt, roasted corn, feta cheese, butternut squash and avocado. Doesn't sound like a lot but I'm still stuffed from it, although I think I've hit my limit with this particular meal as I've eaten it so bloody often. I think I need a break from it! (does anyone else get like that?) You can eat the tortilla bowl afterwards ;-)

Lastly my current favourite place is.........
My local park. I'm trying to get back into fitness as I've been slacking ALOT recently. I love running and my local park makes running easier with a huge lake to look at (with swans), many picnic areas, pretty flowers and trees, a beautiful old house on top of hill near the stream which is now a cute cafe. I often run past weddings held there. Oh it also has a tiny zoo with deers, birds and lambs, a gigantic outdoor swimming pool, huge tennis courts and fun adventure play park for kids. Bleeding heck I do spend alot of time there and sound like me dad (hahaha). Honestly such a lovely place to spend your entire long days in. I can get lost there and actually spent a lot of summer 2014 taking it all in. (hmmm maybe I'll do a post on it)
2 PiecePop Boutique - top here, same pink print in shorts here or exact same print in blue skirt/top combo hereOversized Denim Vintage Levis Jacket: Mint Vintage Similar here - Asos - market place - CAKEDSunglasses: Ray Ban's hereBooties: Missguided, Bag: Mint Vintage.

LOOK 
STYLE
MY DARLING FLORA MARIA 
XX









SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice post it reminded me of a you tube tag (50 facts about me), I did a British tag on my blog lol : )

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you. I'll take a look. Yes I've done a 20 facts about me post before but thought a current favourites is a great to know more about someone and pick up new favourites xx

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig