Sunday 24 July 2016

PINK SUMMER IN THE CITY



Still utterly obsessed with the beautiful brightness of 'pop' colour at the moment. I recently found myself browsing the sales in & Other Stories and instantly gravitated towards the details of this black floating midi number. I just loved how classic I felt whilst wearing it in the fitting rooms.......Next thing I knew I was at the till telling the cashier how much I shouldn't be buying this piece (due to a supposed shopping ban**coughcough ) and zoomed straight out of there. 

Once home and thrown together with a strong pop of HOT PINK colour on my beloved summer structured blazer, I knew I was going to love this striking summer look. Teamed with a chunky black platform chelsea boot (staple favourite), my treasured practically falling apart (but I still love it :-)) vintage satchel sling bag and a silk home made choker (old fabric I had in my warbrobe, normally worn as a head tie). My pleated statement look was complete. 

I wore this for a few catch up drinkies with the ladies in the city, however you could easily rock this look for the day office/work or evening party with a pair of alternative heels or a chunky boot. The flare and looseness of this dress is uber flattering on the old 'drank too many cocktails' nights or 'ate way too much at dinner' vibes (so me!). I think this piece has bundles of longevity in my wardrobe and the quality of the fabric is spot on.
dress: here, blazer: Zara,  similar here & similar here, bag: Beyond Retro, similar here, boots: missguided, similar here
I purchased this dress from the Oxford Street, London branch in a size 8 :-)
X
MY LOOK 
MY STYLE
MY DARLING FLORA MARIA.
 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I still love this dress, pleats are everything, nice jacket for a pop of colour and I do love a good Chelsea boot! : )

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleats are so effortless and classic. Yep I couldn't resist at least one bit of pop colour. Adore this blazer which will probably be showing it's face on here again :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig