Friday 21 August 2015

Hollywood Glamour.

As I am fairly new to this blogging stuff. I am discovering more about myself than I actually anticipated. I thought I'd be purely writing about vintage pieces but I have to keep this completely honest and truthful. I can't fake or force a blog post if something isn't inspiring me naturally. I also have to remember who I'm writing for and why I'm actually writing. I'm writing for me as a fun little outlet.


I'm at my happiest when I'm in a dark room (sounds dodgy) watching a live performance on stage. When my mind and thoughts stop. That happened when I went to see the stunning Miss Leading Ladies at the St James Theatre. A celebratory two handed musical highlighting the singing acting leading ladies of our time. The Legends.



Mae West, Bette Davis, Marlene Dietrich, Julie Andrews, Danny La Rue, Doris Day, Eartha Kitts, Barbra Streisand, Edith Piaf. I could go on forever the dame list is endless and the show was a true delight. I felt completely transported to an elitist era. From the candle lit gold rounded table seating to the classic 50's champagne bar.


I still literally have no idea why I am so obsessed with this past time. Why the women back then speak out and influence me so much more than any other modern day pin up. No thanks GaGa (Sorry love) Why I  actually just liked having four TV channels growing up (yes I'm that old). My deep love of black and white film........Right I better stop as that my darlings is a whole other post. So I'll just shut up and let The Real Women do the talking...........







It's only me. 





Thank you for reading. Who are your leading ladies? Who did you spot? 

Ps. Side thought: I have never ever wanted to fit in and often felt like an outsider which is actually ok.

xxxxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig