Thursday 18 July 2019

HOW TO STYLE SUMMER CYCLING SHORTS | VINTAGE INSPIRED T-SHIRTS



Do you remember these shorts first being style scouted on Kim K a few summers back? Well I initially thought they looked great on her, but must admit I didn't warm to them instantly. But when my good good friend Zoe (who takes all these amazing blog images btw) set me the challenge of styling them three ways. Zoe was adamant and very confident that the 'cycling shorts look' would appear fashionista fierce on me. I at the time replied with a "Hell Noooooooooo", which made Zoe rightly highlighted the whole reasoning for me starting this blog was to empower YOU to feel free to rock any damn style you liked. She basically reminded me to practice what I style preach! Go ZOE!

So after consideration in the changing rooms and asking fellow style lovers on the gram for extra help (via insta stories)....I bloody loved them on, felt so carefree and just had the same feeling you get from wearing super comfy long leggings lounging around at home. I chose to style the first Cycling Shorts look (I'll be sharing three) against an oversized 80's inspired black tee, with beautiful retro palms and neon pink embossed detailed writing. Shoes wise - I went for the trusty converse black hi top design, which I've been obsessed with wearing this summer. A classic 70s style that never ever go out of fashion and would like in every single colour please (especially pink or yellow). Accessories wise - the gold vintage statement earrings, black bold frames and vintage leather bum bag are great for injecting a bit of that gritty London urban street style vibe into your overall summery look. 


T-shirt/Here (purchased in womens section)
Cycling Shorts/Here
Converse/Here
Bum Bag/Vintage/Similar
Sunglasses/Here
Gold Earrings/Vintage/Similar 


Style Tips: Think effortless minimalistic styling (like a baggy muted t-shirt). If you are going casual also try and balance out the silhouette with something chunky and aesthetically interesting on the footwear. Have style fun and I hope you're able to embrace the look like moi X


Shop The Look:

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. 香港相親網

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig