Friday 7 April 2017

HOW TO FAKE IT TO YA MAKE IT



LIFE
Well what a bloody mental week that was! And the madness isn't over yet as I've still got a shed load of lines to learn for a self tape audition! And technically shouldn't be writing this post, which is actually a day late (thurs and sun, post days) Arrrrrrrrggggggh! I mean I'm not complaining but whoever made up that saying 'when it rain it pours' is bloody spot on mate! (okkkay calming down). I also had rehearsals all week for the Bunker Theatre performance I was working on, which went really well, (performed wednesday)......And just on a non work level I also need to return my dad calls, visit my god children (easter hols), clean this damn flat, put washing away, text back a bestie......Oh and I would like to spend some quality time with bf too! Ironically he said to me yesterday 'babe you can't do it all ya know'.....and my natural response was 'yes I bloody can!'....(you know when your stressed af and the bf adds in a comment that sends you over the edge, but their intentions are good....kind of!) grrrr! How dare he suggest that I can't! But now I'm thinking can I??........... 

The thing is when your self employed as an actress and very unorganised like me (cough cougheverything gets really blurred. And what I really need to do, is get myself a weekly planner of some sort and start allotting times in for 'work' (when they come up, normally last minute) ie. lines, read play/script. And give myself a set time for example 2hrs etc. I hope that makes sense to you, but basically time management is key as the actors\life juggle is getting pretty real. As I mentioned I'm not complaining because each week varies but as a 'artist' you never feel like you can mention these things. Well I don't anyway, in fact I never ever speak about them to anyone apart from the boyfriend who is also a actor. But I guess what ever job we do, we can all relate to that overwhelming feeling of not having enough time to do it all.

But deep down in my soul I 100% know I will achieve it all because I've done so in the past, and I must thrive on the hustle and the exciting chaos that automatically comes with the job that I do. We all know that life isn't one eye catching instagram pic but bloody nora there all so fascinating to look at! And I know I will have these lines down to self tape and I will get this post done (√). I will phone my dad for a catch up and text back me bestie....washing and cleaning may have to wait but Immmma gonna try OKAY!



STYLE
These flared jeans are like my s/s go-to, every year I dust them off as they literally make me feel so fabulous inside and out.  Look how flared and over baggy they are, which is why I adore them so much. I usually throw anything on top wise, and I know I repeat myself quite a bit to you, but I find these wranglers so versatile to style (only really purchase jeans that I can re-style over and over again). I'm still crazy about all things denim and gone for a oversized softly embroided vintage shirt. I'm having an embroidery moment (more on embroidery here), and I love the  double denim clash of this 70's inspired look. I know dd isn't for us all (bit like marmite) but I for one frigging love it, and would even throw another layer of denim over this like a levis jacket (more levis jacket talk here) to really make it even more statement crazy. Again minimal and light on the footware with these gorgeous pointy mules and clutch. Red chad matte lippy (I love this orange/red shade against darker skin tones), and a pair of groovy mirrored gold reflective shades, that are so fabulous that they just have to be worn!


So that's my ramblings of thoughts on the week that I hope make sense to you. Shout if they don't and let me know if you can relate in anyway, as I'd love to know what you personally do to conquer that overwhelming (but loving this really) work feeling? Also would you rock double denim? Just voice below or over on my insta or twitter


HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND
X
photo | Zoe Griffin


denim shirt| Mero Retro (similar here) and (here), wrangler jeans| Mint Vintage (Wrangler similar here and Asos similar here) and  mirror sunglasses| Topshop (gold version) mules| here

clutch| Topshop (similar here) lipstick| Mac 

IF YOU WORK HARD ENOUGH, DREAM BIG ENOUGH, THERE ARE NO LIMITS IN WHAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE - Victoria Beckham. 
















SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love how you combined the embroidered denim blouse with the flared pants! Looks so chic and stylish! Plus orange/red lipstick perfect touch!❤

    Xoxo
    Ella Beentjes
    ellabeentjes.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun, thanks for your lovely comment. Yep I tried to keep everything else quite minimal, the detailing on this blouse it so dainty, but I adore the contrast against the loud big blue flares. Double denim isn't for everyone but I really think it came be....rebel against the rules I say! Have a fabulous weekend xx

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig