Sunday 24 January 2016

THE SHOE COLLECTION



MY SHOE COLLECTION


Yaaaaay I've finally got round to sharing 'My Shoe Collection' which I'm really happy about as it's one of my favourite blogs to read. Very similar to the 'What's in my bag post'(Moi here), a bit nosy but a great insight into finding or learning a new style. I have well over a hundred pairs of shoes (no joke) as I was kind of obsessed with them from a young age, and started wearing heels from about fifteen. I'm 5'6 which is like a short tall person so adding height in a heel was everything to me growing up (silly I know). I shouldn't be too hard on myself about the amount of foot wear I have as the majority of my shoes are vintage second hand or hand me downs. And the rule with anything vintage is you have to buy the piece there and then as they are one offs and you'll never see them replicated anywhere else. They are unique must haves! Also I feel like my shoes are timeless and quite versatile styles that will last forever. (Ok time to stop justifying lol) I LIKE SHOES! HAHAHA!

Here are a few favourites of mine that I've picked which I continuously grab and wear to complete an outfit. Enjoy!
:-) XXX



Not sure if I need to do a spiel on the classic American Converse creation. Converse shoes are incredibly recognizable having been around for decades (1908). Very versatile that I wear these hi tops with vintage dresses, jeans, smart trousers and maxi skirts, (you name it I've worn these with). They are effortless and I find them extremely comfortable to wear.  I also have these in black and dark red. The Converse brand have lot's of different styles like All star, low tops, high tops, slip ons, pro star, con star but I tend to stick to the classic ranges like above. I love them!


I've spoken of my addiction of the Little Black Boot before but I have to say these are one of my favourites in my shoe collection. I love the gold buckle finish and the soft leather detail. They have a slight heel and very comfortable to walk in (Comfort is very important). I'll pair these beauties with lot's of different outfits and I've already had a huge amount of wear out of them. A recent purchase from a fairly new vintage shop called Mero RetroBeing vintage I will probably have to get them re-heeled at some point so they are kept in prime condition. For me definitely a great vintage find. 


The Sexy Sparkly Stilettos. To be honest I've never really been into bundles of bling but I saw these whilst shopping on my birthday two years ago and kind of had to have them on my feet. At a good nearly 5 inch in heel they aren't the easiest of shoes to walk in but they do make me feel fabulous darling. A pointy court shoe is great for secretly lengthening your legs. The metallic gold finish is what gives this style of shoe the ultimate wow factor. I'll pop these delights on with an evening dress or my denim jeans for a more causal yet effective look. Huge fan of Carvela-Kurt-Geiger shoes and these are now in sale. 


I call these my Grandad Shoes as I swear my grandad had the exact same pair and I think they were definitely patent too (Grandad chic). Again quite classic in design and I often wear my grandad loafers with opaque tights and a little dress during the winter. They have a small block heel and soft on my feet to wear. A lovely high street find from ZaraSimilar here :-)


My chunky 70's inspired Velvet Retro Platform. I saw these on the Public Desire Instagram page a few years ago and ordered them online. I did think they'd be a throwaway after worn a few times type of shoe, (as they were quite cheap) but they have actually lasted me a long time. I've also kept these in the box which maybe why I haven't scuffed them. I either wear them with my flares, a vintage dress or I'll rock them with my skinny jeans and socks underneath to create a funky statement look. Although the heel and platform are quite chunky I find them really easy to walk in. I find them very simple in design but great at adding a little quirk or funk to complete an outfit. Similar here :-)


These are my Animal Print Shoes that I often wear to add a little character and quirk to an outfit. I think there a fun purchase from Absolute Vintage that I've had for a good few years. I think the court shoe style make the leopard print quite understated and easy to wear.


And lastly my White 60's block Heeled Sandals. I love these little babies as I find the design so cute and girlie. I tend to wear them in the spring summer season the majority of the time. These sweet gems are made from flexible plastic and feature a comfy wide block heel and adjustable ankle strap. I literally wear these with the majority of my wardrobe but love how they look with a simple vintage dress. (I'm a vintage freak!) Similar here :-)

I hope you enjoyed this little Sunday post. I've enjoyed writing it and learnt from our wee natter that I do have a shoe problem which is more than okay with me. I've also learnt that I have an incredibly high instep. Duh!

What's your ultimate shoe collection?

As always thanks for reading. 
Lot's of Love,

My Look, 
My Style
Flora Maria
XX


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great post & thank you for the mention hun. Just to let you know our shop name doesn't have a 't' in it: it's Mero Retro and our site is meroretro.com ('mero' means 'my' is Nepalese). Hope to see you soon! Sanju x

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig