Monday 27 April 2020

A QUICK VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE



Yes I've joined the baking club! No banana bread done just yet, but I have baked about 40 million delicious vegan cookies {and counting}. And you may of seen me boast about them over on the old stories. So today I thought I'd share a quick and easy peasy {no blender machine required} fabulous recipe with you. The cookies take about 25 minutes and if I can bake them, you for sure can! {Side note *I actually can cook I just have the attention span of a gnat}

Ingredients:
- 70g Caster Sugar
-120g Brown Sugar
-110ml Coconut Oil
-4tbsp Non Dairy Milk
-220g Spelt/Plain/Buckwheat Flour {or any you can shop}
-Touch of Vanilla Essence
-1tsp Baking Powder
-1tsp Baking Soda
-Big bar of Dark Chocolate 
-A pinch of Sea Salt
- Generous amount of Nuts - {I used cashew}

Stuff you need:
-Mixing Large bowl
-Parchment paper
-Small pot
-Weigh machine or measuring device
-Whisk
-Spatula {or wooden spoon}
-Baking tray
-Oven

Method:

  1. Heat coconut oil on a medium heat. Pop caster sugar and brown sugar to the mixing bowl. Once heated add coconut oil into the mixing bowl.
  2. Grab the whisk and mix well together and add non diary milk and vanilla essence to the mixture. Preheat oven to 180C.
  3. Add flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and extra milk if needed and continue to mix well with your spatula or wooden spoon.
  4. Now add plenty of dark chocolate and nuts. The bigger the chunks the better and mix well. Grab the baking tray and line with baking paper.
  5. Use a table spoon to cup and shape the cookie dough in to balls. Giant balls or tiny little diddy ones {this sentence is making me chuckle}. Place each cookie on the baking tray. Try and space out the cookies as the dough will spread in the oven.
  6. Grab the sea salt and sprinkle over the cookies lightly. Pop the cookies in the oven for about 12-15 minutes {Don't forget to set a timer as this is where I usually forget, get distracted and burn stuff!}. Take out the tray and leave the cookies to set and cool for 10 -15 minutes {Oven timings may vary, just pop out when you think they look ready}. Now the yummy cookies are fabulous and ready! Grab a cuppa and enjoy!

You've done it! On my first attempt I accidentally grilled the cookies instead of oven baking {I face timed a friend for help}. No shame just go back and try again if you need. Let me know how you get on and the original recipe I found here. Also I'll be getting back to vintage style soon but I hope you're enjoying this colourful content.  Thanks for reading. x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig